This recipe is the perfect addition to a sharing supper or as individual parcels for a dinner party.
Cooking should be fun – a way to bring people together. These recipes are designed as a guide so use your instincts and feel free to make substitutions based on what you have available. If you need to switch out something fresh for dried, it doesn’t matter – as long as it’s made with love and we’re not wasting food!
The only caveat is – if you can afford it and if you can get it – always invest in good English honey, the more local, the better. #beekind
– Block of full-fat feta cheese
(pictured is not full-fat feta, but it’s all there was left in the supermarket!)
– A couple of tablespoons of English honey
– Fresh chillies or chilli flakes, to taste
– Finely chopped shallot or small white onion
– Pinch of salt
– A handful of fresh mint
– Glug of olive oil
Fresh bread to serve.
– Preheat the oven to 200C.
– Tear a large piece of tin foil and place a large piece of baking paper on top. (This is where you decide if you want to do one big piece or make smaller portions)
– Sprinkle the onion, then place the block of feta in the middle of the paper.
– Drizzle a bit of olive oil, a tablespoon of honey, sprinkle the chillies and a pinch of salt.
– Bring in two sides of the foil or roll together the top and sides to create a parcel.
– Place on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
– While it’s in the oven, get your bread ready – toast it or pop it in the oven to warm, depends on the type of bread you’re serving with.
– Roughly chop some fresh mint.
– Take your parcel out of the oven and place on a tray or board to serve. Carefully open the parcel and finish it off with a final drizzle of olive oil, salt and the fresh mint.
– Serve in the foil, get tucked in with a chunk of fresh bread, and enjoy!!
Serve with a chilled glass of Pure Mead – the gentle sweetness cuts through the tanginess of the feta, cools the heat of the chilli and balances the freshness of the mint.
Share your creation with us on Instagram – tag us @loxwoodmeadworks and #puremeadpairings.