This delicious Honey & Mustard Chicken is a classic comfort dish, best enjoyed with a heap of fresh veggies and a chilled glass of Pure Mead.
This recipe has been kindly shared with us from @foodworthcelebrating but, as always, feel free to make substitutions based on what you have available. If you need to switch out something it doesn’t matter, as long as it’s made with love and we’re not wasting food!
The only caveat is – if you can afford it and if you can get it – always invest in good English honey, the more local, the better. #beekind
– 3 chicken breasts
– 1/4 cup of your favourite mustard
– 1/4 cup of honey
– 1 tsp dried oregano
– 1 tsp dried basil
– 1 tsp garlic powder (or 3 cloves of fresh garlic)
– 1 tbsp sesame seeds
– 2 tsp salt
– Prepare the chicken by scoring the top of each breast to make more crevices for the marinade. Be careful not to cut the whole way through! Set to one side.
– In a large mixing bowl, make the marinade by mixing the remaining ingredients together.
– Add the chicken breasts to the mixing bowl and cover the chicken in the marinade.
– If you aren’t in a hurry to eat, cover the bowl and pop the bowl in the fridge for a few hours to marinate.
– When you’re ready for it, place the chicken breasts on a lined baking tray and cook in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC for 20 minutes (25 minutes if large chicken breasts).
– Turn on the grill and grill for a further 3 – 5 minutes to caramelise the top.
– Serve with some veggies, potatoes and/or salad, and enjoy!
Photo credit: @foodworthcelebrating